In absence of or in assistance to the Poker Shift Manager oversees all operations of the Poker Floor with coordination from other Departmental Managers.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance with all Florida Gaming Statutes, including Internal Controls (ICs).
- Ensures safeguarding of all OcalaBetS assets.
- Follows all Cardroom and poker policies and procedures.
- Ensures the integrity of all games.
- Completes required administrative paperwork to include scheduling, reporting, compliance etc.
- Coaches, mentors, and counsels Supervisors and line level Team Members.
- Effectively manages labor to ensure maximum revenue.
- Ensures Cardroom/departmental policies and procedures are followed.
- Demonstrates good team member and guest relations.
- Acts as an am Ambassador for OcalaBetS and ensures guests are having a positive gaming experience and that their needs are being met.
- Greets guests and maintains a friendly and inviting atmosphere.
- Must be able to identify guests whose play may be developed further and assist in that development by effective communication with Poker management.
- Renders impartial decisions using all available means, Dealer/player, information, and surveillance.
- Properly up-channels disputes, complaints, and disciplinary actions to Shift Managers and Upper Management
- Observation of live games.
- Assists in cleaning and maintenance of poker area.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
High School diploma or equivalent. Must be able to successfully pass a background investigation, obtain and maintain a Florida gaming license. Sufficient combined experience, Managing, Supervising, Dealing Poker and or Vegas-Style Card Games.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Knowledge of procedures and poker floor operations.
- Knowledge of dealing Vegas-Style Card games.
- Knowledge of poker games.
- Skill in guest service, human relations and supervision of assigned staff.
- Skill in dealing Poker.
- Extensive Knowledge and practice of all Title 31 requirements.
- Knowledge of Poker Atlas, Bravo Genesis, Microsoft Office Products preferred.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to respond to visual and auditory cues.
- Exemplary written and oral communications skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit, use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team members frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a Cardroom setting with exposure to a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
OcalaBetS Poker Room is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed tocreating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees.