Fortune Pai Gow Poker is a variation of the traditional Pai Gow Poker game that includes a side bet option for players. In Fortune Pai Gow Poker, players are dealt seven cards and must create two poker hands, one with five cards (High Hand) and another with two cards (Low Hand), following traditional poker hand rankings. The goal is to beat both the dealer’s High Hand and Low Hand to win the game.
- Players place their main wager on the standard Pai Gow Poker hand, which is known as the “Front Hand.”
- Players also have the option to place a side bet, called the “Fortune Bonus.” The Fortune Bonus is based on the player’s seven cards and their value.
- The dealer shuffles a standard deck of 52 cards, plus one Joker, and then deals seven cards to each player and themselves.
- Players arrange their seven cards into a five-card High Hand and a two-card Low Hand. The Low Hand must be lower in poker rank than the High Hand.
- The dealer then reveals their own High Hand and Low Hand.
- The player’s High Hand and Low Hand are compared to the dealer’s corresponding hands:
- If both the player’s High Hand and Low Hand beat the dealer’s, the player wins even money (1:1) on their main wager, minus a 5% commission.
- If one of the player’s hands beats the dealer’s, and the other hand loses or ties, it’s a push, and the player’s bet is returned.
- If both the player’s High Hand and Low Hand lose or tie against the dealer’s, the player loses their main wager.
- The Fortune Bonus side bet is paid based on a separate paytable, which varies from casino to casino. The side bet typically pays out for certain strong poker hands or combinations of cards in the player’s seven-card hand. A common paytable includes bonuses for three of a kind or better in the seven-card hand.
It’s essential to note that the Fortune Bonus is entirely independent of the main Pai Gow Poker game. Even if the player loses the main hand, they can still win the Fortune Bonus if they meet the criteria for a payout.
Fortune Pai Gow Poker offers an exciting twist on the traditional game and adds an extra layer of excitement with the Fortune Bonus side bet. Before playing, make sure to check the specific rules and pay tables at the casino you’re visiting, as they may vary slightly.