Under direct supervision of the Poker Assistant Shift Manager, monitors Poker tables, Dealers, and all non-department personnel coming in contact with the Poker tables on assigned shifts.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance with all Florida Gaming Statutes, including Internal Controls (ICs).
- Ensures safeguarding of all OcalaBetS assets.
- Follows all Cardroom and poker policies and procedures.
- Ensures the integrity of all games.
- Responsible for starting games, tracking team member hours and rotations, making table decisions and running promotions.
- Informs Poker Assistant Shift Manager of any deviation from standard dealing procedures.
- Observes games in progress for possible irregularities in player/dealer conduct.
- Evaluates all Dealers to increase skill level.
- Ensures dealer quality and efficiency to increase cost effectiveness.
- Ensures team member awareness of internal controls.
- Ensures Cardroom/departmental policies and procedures are followed.
- Demonstrates good team member and guest relations.
- Ensures guests are having a positive gaming experience and that their needs are being met.
- Greets guests and maintains a friendly and inviting atmosphere.
- Must be able to identify guests whose play may be developed further and assist in that development by effective communication with Poker management.
- Renders impartial decisions using all available means, Dealer/player, information, and surveillance.
- Notifies the Poker Assistant Shift Manager immediately when a guest is dissatisfied with a decision.
- Completes required administrative paperwork.
- Observation of live games.
- Assists in cleaning and maintenance of poker area.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
High School diploma or equivalent. Must be able to successfully pass a background investigation, obtain and maintain a Florida gaming license.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Knowledge of procedures and poker floor operations.
- Knowledge of dealing Vegas-Style Card games.
- Knowledge of poker games.
- Skill in guest service, human relations and supervision of assigned staff.
- Skill in dealing Poker.
- Extensive Knowledge and practice of all Title 31 requirements.
- Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to respond to visual and auditory cues.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a Cardroom setting with exposure to a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
OcalaBetS Poker Room is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees.